Marriage License applications can be applied for in the Town Clerk's Office. The procedures for obtaining the license are as follows:
**(MARRIAGE LICENSES ARE ISSUED BETWEEN 8:00AM & 3:00PM BUT DURING Tax Collection Appointments need TO be made) **
- Both parties must be present to sign the license application.
- Proper identification is required. Current identity of the applicants must be documented with one of the following forms of I.D. (submitted documents must be current and valid):
1. Photo driver's license
2. Photo non-driver's license
4. Military photo ID
- Birth name documentation must be provided
1. Birth Document- a certified copy or certified transcript of the applicants birth record, listing the applicant's birth name, date of birth, place of birth, father's first and last names and mother's first and maiden names.
If birth record does not exist, the following may be excepted:
2. Early church or school records (baptismal, or school admission records but only if these records include birth certificate information and a birth record does not exist). The Town Clerk will contact Church and School Personnel to verify information.
- Only the names that appear on the documentation are acceptable. We cannot change or Americanize a name using the Marriage License. All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation from a certified translator. Certified translators may be found at a local university or Consular Office.
- Decrees from any previous marriages are required. In the case of Multiple divorces, only the documentation from the last divorce is required.
- If a marriage ended with the death of a spouse, a certified copy of the Death certificate will be required.
- The License is not valid within twenty-four (24) hours of issuance.
- The License is good for up to sixty (60) days.
- The fee is $40.00
**MARRIAGE LICENSES ARE ISSUED BETWEEN 8:00AM & 3:00PM ONLY**